Aadhar, the world’s largest biometric system is the most sophisticated ID programme in the world. The 12 digit Aadhar number remains unique for every resident and it is a unique identity for proof of residence for everyone. Aadhar card is very essential for various services like Pensions, Scholarships, Social Benefits, Government & Non-Government Services, Subsidy Benefits, Banking services, Insurance services, Taxation services, Employment, Healthcare, Education etc. and that’s why it is very important to ensure that the Aadhar data stored in the CIDR is very accurate and up to date for every individual.
Nowadays, people need to update their information for various purposes and they find difficulty in updating their info. So today we have brought to you “how to change and update Aadhar card” information to acknowledge you about it.
Demographic Data Update, The Need Could Arise From:
- The name and address of the people can change due to the change in their demographic details because of life events such as marriage. Migration to newer places would result change in the mobile number and address. The email address, mobile number, and other Aadhar details may change due to personal reasons of the residents which differ from person to person.
- The mistakes made during the enrollment process may lead to the entry of wrong information in the database and that’s why the residents might need to update their information with the correct details. The mistakes are very common in the names, address, gender and DOB of the residents. The manual data entry work is responsible for the mistakes found in the Aadhar card details of the people and so there is a big number of applications for the updation of the details.
- It may happen that a native speaker of language “A” is enrolled by an operator of some another language say “B” and the local language of the resident is set to language “B”. The resident may wish to change the local language. If so then all the demographic details of the Aadhar card needed to be changed and updated.
- The residents may need to add the mobile number to CIDR due to the change in the various service delivery platforms.
Biometric Update, The Need Could Arise From:
Age <5 years at the time of initial enrolment –
All the biometric data of the child should be provided when the child attains the age of 5 years. At this stage, a de-duplication would be done for the child. The original Aadhar number will be retained and the request will be treated as a new enrollment request.
Age between 5 and 15 years at the time of enrolment –
The biometric updates of the residents must be fulfilled when they attain the age of 15.
Age >15 years at the time of enrolment –
It is recommended that the residents update their biometric data every 10 years.
A biometric exception may be resulted due to events like accidents or diseases. A threshold may be decided by the UIDAI after verifying the quality of the biometric captured during the enrollment and all the residents whose biometrics fall down below the threshold level may be given direction by the UIDAI to update the biometric.
Aadhaar Details That Can Be Updated Are:
The demographic information that may be updated in the Aadhar card includes the name, address, mobile number, email address, DOB etc.
The biometric information that may be updated in the Aadhar card includes the Fingerprints, Facial photograph, Iris etc.
A wide range of POI and POA are included in the process for the Aadhar update by UIDAI. Now, we will see the modes for how to change and update Aadhar card.
Modes Of Update
- Via Online
The online mode offers an address update to the residents where they can directly update their address on the portal. The registered mobile number and Aadhar number of the resident are the requirements to log in to the portal. OTP will be messaged for the authentication of the resident on their registered mobile number. The residents need to submit their POA documents in order to complete their updation process. The residents need to have a mobile number mandatorily registered with the Aadhar card for this mode of updation.
- By Visiting Permanent Enrolment Centre
This mode of data updation involves the residents to visit the permanent enrollment center with the required POA and POI documents in order to complete the updation process. The operator at the center will verify all the documents and complete the demographic/biometric update request. This mode is very much suitable for the elderly people who find it difficult to complete the updation process by their own through the online mode. They just need to find a center near their home and just go there with all the required documents in order to update their information.
Thus, this was the basic scenario in which a person needs to change its Aadhar card details. So now, we hope that you get the right information on how to change and update the Aadhar card.