One of the most widely used operating systems for touch-screen smartphones and tablets is Android. Android is developed by Google. Due to its popularity, Android is also heavily targeted by malware. How safe is your Android system from malware and viruses? Is your device protection up to par? It is essential that you install a good antivirus software or app on your device.
Here is a list of our top 10 recommended antivirus software for Android.
1. Panda Antivirus Pro
This antivirus is light and fast, making it a perfect fit for mobile devices. Panda Antivirus for Android is full-featured. Here are its top features.
- Easy installation and configuration.
- Technical support that is responsive and helpful.
- Constant development and innovation to catch any new threats.
- Fully optimized for Android devices.
- Protection from malware and hacking.
2. AVG Internet Security LTD
In the recent years, AVG has waded into the waters of Android protection. This antivirus software has features such as;
- Advanced blocking of unsafe emails and links.
- Effective malware blocking.
- Real-time and regular updates.
- A strong firewall that can be configured easily to your personal preferences.
3. Bitdefender Antivirus
Bitdefender has made a name for itself in the security community. It comes with the following features.
- It is extremely light-weight.
- It does not consume battery power by running in the background.
- Frees up system resources because scans are run or scheduled manually.
This is a lightweight security solution for Android which has the following features.
- A call-blocking feature to keep malicious numbers from contacting you.
- Prevents harmful websites from loading with an anti-phishing feature.
- Light on resources, saving your battery life.
5. ESET Mobile Security and Antivirus
This is another big name in the mobile security world. It comes fully-featured but with one big downside; it requires an email address to set up. These are some of its salient features;
- Anti-theft support.
- A scan-scheduling feature.
- A security auditor feature.
6. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
This is one of the older names in the industry offering paid and pro versions. The shared features on both of these versions are;
- Anti-theft features
- An SMS and call-blocking feature.
- Regular virus updates.
7. Norton Antivirus
All of its features are pretty basic and include real-time protection from malware and spyware as well as anti-theft provisions.
8. Avast Mobile Security
This is a free app for Android which features a one-tap engine scan. It offers complete protection from malware and spyware.
9. Sophos Mobile Security
It has proper malware protection as well as theft protection, web-filtering and call blocker.
10. McAfee Mobile Security and Lock
This software comes with an intuitive interface and every feature has a tutorial. These basic features include battery optimizer, security lock, Wi-Fi, among others.
In a nutshell, it is clear to see that there is a wide spectrum of choices for mobile protection for the Android users. Make an informed decision to protect your mobile device today.