Whether you are a freelancer, small business, or large organization, tracking the time spend on projects and by employees is an important part of checking efficiency, as well as keeping an eye on expenses and stabbing to deadlines. Keeping a record of how long definite jobs can take also helps in building estimates, and costing projects swiftly and precisely.
In this post, we are presenting 10 best time tracking software for the freelancers and the business owners. There are loads of companies providing time tracking software, far too lots of to discuss about in one post, so we have selected the commonly used time tracking software. These time tracking software(s) will allow you accomplish your time in a more operative method and therefore you will be having more extra time for enjoyment.
– One painless package for invoicing, time, project and expense tracking which includes apps for iPhone, Android phones & tablets.
– Tap & go timer, time tracking, integrated live task tracking & team monitoring from any device
– Instant messaging and team communication plus live notifications via HipChat & Slack
– Cloud-based time logging & billing, timesheet integration into invoices
– Allows User status (“Present”, “Absent”, “Break” or “Vacation) setup & activity color-mapping
– Advanced time reports, including payroll reports, based on the live presence time calendar.
– Project Management for your team: always access up-to-date projects data.
– Your time is valuable. Time can be recorded in several different ways because Twproject can adapt to different habits.
– A powerful issue tracking. Define and organize your team’s work. Stay up to date with what’s going on around you.
– Interactive plan and workload. Instantly check and change your teams’s allocation.
– Track Working hours and segregate them on the basis of clients, projects and activities
– Generate Invoices using working hours and get paid quickly
– Easy to use Stop Watch for time tracking
– Generate reports for your business with few clicks
– Customize Clockodo as per your needs using clockodo REST API
TallyPro is a modern online time tracking software that offers time tracking, Invoicing, expense management and more.
Important Features are:
– Easily log time spent by the employees
– Generate professional looking Invoices swiftly in your own format
– Time tracking on the Go with TallyPro’s mobile apps
– Log all expenses involved easily
– Generate reports in multiple formats
actiTIME is a robust time-tracking application for businesses of any size. Accessible from anywhere, easy and intuitive, the app offers work and leave timetracking, work management and billing functionality.Detailed reports help understand the dynamics of teams’ performance, analyze project profitability, calculate leave time & time-off balances, and more. Customize the system according to your company’s specific needs and enjoy effortless time-tracking!
– Cloud and on-premise editions
– Mobile app with a timer
– Rich reporting options
– Time-track approval and locking
– Deadlines and estimates
– Work assignments
– Automatic paid time-off and sick days balances calculation
– Invoicing directly from the app
SCREENish is a Cloud based GPS and Time Tracking Software with screenshots and activity levels.
– Windows, MAC, Linux and Android applications with Web Administration for the Employer and Employee’s
– Projects, Time Limits, Hourly Rates
– Screenshots with Mouse and Keyboard activities
– Online and Offline Time Tracking
– Automated payrolls, Graphs and insights
– Prevent distractions filter (individually adjustable)
– List of Active Programs and Applications used in a work process
– Idle Time Measuring system (individually adjustable)
– Weekly email notifications with idle time and Active applications.
– Android GPS and Time tracking with notes and Photo upload.
– Option to share your project progress with your clients.
Project Hours is a basic, easy-to-use and very affordable time tracking system. The system has a timer function but users can also enter hours manually on projects and activities. Project Hours is geared towards organisations: it has user management including user groups and Excel reports per department. The Project Hours mobile applications allow for easy time entry.
– Define projects and activities for your organisation.
– Write hours or start a timer for a project and activity.
– Create users and organize users in groups.
– Generate Excel reports.
– Android, iPhone and Windows 10 apps available.
– Forces point in time clocking. Free yourself from late and erroneous timesheets!
– Premium timesheet software for large and fragmented operations.
– Fine-tuned mobile time clock apps for Android & iOS.
– Dedicated time clock hardware for full-stack time and attendance.
– Instant online project timesheets, with job cost and cost code reporting.
MindSalt Time and Expense is a web-based application that allows you and your employees to access your timesheets and expenses from anywhere in the world. Track time and expenses, generate reports in a variety of formats, monitor projects in real-time, export data to Excel, and manage and approve timesheets and expense reports. Monitor your costs, budgets, and bill your customers with ease. Free trial with no credit card required.
– Record time and expenses from any device.
– Monitor your costs and track billable amounts to projects and clients.
– Single and multi-layer approval workflows for timesheets and expense reports are available.
– Automatic reminders, lots of reports, and integration with 3rd party accounting products such as QuickBooks, Paychex, and ADP.
– Simple to use for freelancers, small, medium and large businesses.
Paymo is a modern project management app that offers time tracking, task management and invoicing.
– Split projects into task lists and tasks and assign them to your employees or co-workers’
– Track work time via online, desktop and mobile apps
– Keep everyone involved in a project up to date with what’s happening through discussions
– Create customizable static and live reports and track business performance
– Store all the files related to the project – so everyone can access them, anytime
– Visualize your team work, eliminate bottlenecks and reduce the idle time in your projects
– Keep track of time spent on all computer activities and allocate that time to projects
– Track expenses, generate estimates and invoices for the client and get paid online
– With milestones, the team knows when major project stages are due to be completed
– Save project as a template and use it when you need to create a similar project
Web-based application that helps tracking employee working hours. Built for small business owners, and priced for small business budgets, Emplotime offers the same features as many of the more complex tracking systems, but keeps things simple and affordable for most companies.
– Least expensive time and attendance solution in the market
– Easy to use time tracking web-based application.
– All features under the same flat rate (Buddy punching lockout, Overtime, Geolocation, etc.)
– Authorize clock use wherever you need (PC’s, laptops, tablets and mobiles)
– Easy to use software for small to large corporations
– A complete budgeting and time scheduling solution
– Preciesly track how much time is spent on which customer
– Easily monitor budgets and record leaves
– Track your employees’ time and monitor expenses
– Includes a To Do list, which is more of a planning feature than a time tracker.
– Import data between Timeless Time & Expense and your own SQL server or Microsoft Access database
– Automatically detect how long you have been idle and subtract it or assign it to a different project.
– One click Quick Reporting to instantly see where your time has gone.
– Track visual history or your days in iCal calendar.
– Lets you track time, send invoices and estimates.
– Push Notifications To Your iPhone.
– Keeps your business smooth by keeping tabs on late payments, deadlines and more.