Web design and web development are the two pillars of creating a website. There are many confusions and questions which need to be answered before you start creating a website. The below questions entail almost every aspect of web design and web development. Here are the answers to 20 important web design and development questions:
1. What types of work does a web designer do?
Web designer creates layouts for different types of websites, banners, graphics for social media, among many other digital artworks. The work revolves around complete designing of the website including all the banners and creative works.
It depends on your purpose. The items quoted in the question are correlated to the professions of web designer and front-end developer. If you can easily learn things simultaneously, start practicing on image editing software such as Photoshop and vector art such as Corel Draw or Illustrator. Then go to the HTML and CSS languages.
3. What are the functionalities of each language – HTML and CSS?
HTML is a markup language. It has the function of giving semantics to the marked content. CSS is a formatting language. It has the function of giving visual style to the HTML elements of a page.
To better understand you must learn before programming logic. Then you must delve into the syntax of that language. This is the right way.
5. How to be more creative when creating any type of chart?
Creativity is related to the things you experience and observe. It determines what you will do at the time of creation. To work with a web design agency,you need to be very organized and creative. Creativity is to organize your entire repertoire coherently.So there’s no such thing as a flip that you turn on and creativity comes along. To be creative at work, you should always experience new things in your field, in other sciences and people.
6. Which is the best program? Photoshop, Corel Draw, Illustrator?
The web designer usually deals more with Photoshop or Sketch (for Mac only) and Adobe XD, depending on the professional.But you can even create in Corel or Illustrator, or any other tool. If you can deliver quality work, on time and on schedule, it matters little to the tool.
7. What is the tip to keep up with the latest trends in the web designer area?
If your time is scarce it is a good sign to be calm. In fact, in most cases, this issue of panic is more of a mismanagement of it than lack of time. Wanting to keep track of the most information in the short time is a good way to discourage.
8. What’s the difference between Front-end and Back-end professionals?
The Back-end Developer handles back-side languages, also known as server languages ??like PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, among others. He/she also works directly with database like MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, among others. This professional acts on what the user can not visualize. It develops the system that will be used for data management using the interface developed by the Front-end developer.
9. What’s the difference between a web designer and web developer?
The web designer works with website design, but caring about issues that aim for ease of use that user experiences. Whereas on the other hand, a web developer deals with the code part of the interfaces.
10. Why do most programmers complain about programs like Adobe Muse and Dreamweaver?
Adobe Muse is software that allows you to work in visual mode without having to write a line of code.At first sight it is wonderful, but like every visual editor it generates a dirty code. But the big problem is not even this one. Imagine if you need to service pages already published, Adobe Muse cannot help you. You will need to know the syntax of the language used.
So such programs are usually tackled by developers.Adobe Dreamweaver also has this possibility, however you have the option to use it without the visual mode.
11. Is it very essential to have WordPress knowledge today?
Currently WordPress reaches about 25% of the world’s websites, it is installed on about 75 million websites according to Forbes. Imagine the potential maintenance needs that this platform requires, along with the benefits that this CMS provides including as easy installation, configuration, maintenance, themes and diverse functionalities.
12. Is it still worth creating HTML sites, or is WordPress the most valid option currently?
This goes according to the need of the project. If the project consists of a small, static pages website with little update can be done only with HTML and CSS. Remembering that a website in WordPress is a website that results in HTML pages. The big difference is that WordPress enables the creation of dynamic websites, because it uses the PHP language.
13. How long does it take for the average person to develop a website from scratch?
Learning how to develop a website is like learning to drive:
The process to develop websites includes some steps: at first your layouts can come out confusing and full of usability problems, after a while begins to create good layouts, but will be catching up in CSS. At least you expect to be styling WordPress themes.So do not worry about time but rather overcoming steps. Be perfect in the learning stage you are now. You will be able to develop within your abilities and more and more they will get better.
14. How to get the first customers without being friends?
To get customers you will have to have something to show, in this case, a portfolio. And it’s not at all bad that the first customers are friends, especially if they pay for it.
15. What is responsive design?
Basically it is to develop websites that suit different devices like cell phones, tablets and desktop.Thinking about responsive design is inherent in building websites. Currently building websites is synonymous with performing responsive design.
16. How to make responsive pages?
First you must know how to apply the concepts of responsive design and second understand the use of CSS3 Medium queries. The first is the responsive web design manual for you to understand the concepts and that you start practicing actually.
17. What are the best practices for creating a good UX?
- Research the target audience and understand their desires and needs;
- According to the survey offer content relevant to this audience;
- Ensure that people find this content simply;
- Ensure that they navigate easily throughout the site without any difficulties and constraints;
- Ensure that they access and that good experience is preserved even on devices of different sizes and systems;
- Ensure that the person who accessed the site leaves from there with the expectations met.
- Ensure that nothing important has gone unnoticed;
- Reduce negative interactions that we have no control over and / or cannot predict when it can happen.
18. Is it worth migrating from graphic design to web design?
Yes of course. It’s easier to do the reverse: start on the web/digital and then study about graphic design. And in fact you do not have to make a harsh choice on one or the other. You can work with both.
19. Can you apply design concepts printed on the web without losing much of the design?
Web Design as it already says in the name is design applied for web. Therefore design concepts in a general way are the same for both areas.
What differs, fundamentally, is that on the web the Designer does not care about the printing processes, but rather how colors, typography and other elements work in digital. It also cares about adapting the layout to different screen resolutions of shape, to provide a great user experience.
20. How does the domain of a web site taken?
Domain is the primary address by which your visitors can find your project on the internet. To acquire one you need to visit some site responsible for registering domains, do a search to check if the name chosen is available, register on the site and then pay the registration fee.
Author Bio: Sarah Feldman has years of experience in the digital marketing sectors and content writing. She has worked for several companies of Europe, America, UK, and Middle East. She is currently working as Blogger and Digital Marketing Expert in a web design agency in Dubai named as Digital Express.